Summer reading list for the Prime Minister 2019
by John Daley
Six books Scott Morrison should read over the summer holidays (and you might like them too).
After a busy election year, our Prime Minister might be in need of a holiday. To help him make the most of his Christmas break, Grattan Institute has selected six thought-provoking works, guaranteed to entertain and inform.
Our 2019 recommendations tackle wide-ranging topics, from secret ballots to cities, Tories to the Testaments. Each selection provides inspiration and warning for how to shape Australia’s future.
So kick back, grab a democracy sausage, and enjoy our six recommendations for 2019:
- From Secret Ballot to Democracy Sausage Judith Brett (Text Publishing, 2019)
- Kindred Kate Legge (Melbourne University Publishing, 2019)
- Order without Design Alain Bertaud (MIT Press, 2018)
- The strange death of Tory economic thinking Stian Westlake (Medium.com, 2019)
- See what you made me do Jess Hill (Black Inc., 2019)
- The Testaments Margaret Atwood (Vintage, 2019)
For further enquiries: John Daley, CEO
T. +61 (0)3 8344 3637 E. firstname.lastname@example.org