Listen to CEO Danielle Wood, in discussion with renowned journalist and broadcaster Geraldine Doogue, as we reveal our top six thought-provoking, diverse, and relevant books and articles from 2020. It’s been an extraordinary year, and these are extraordinary reads – not only for the Prime Minister, but for all Australians interested in public policy.
Featuring an introduction by CEO of State Library Victoria, Kate Torney, and interviews with four of the featured authors, Alex Miller, Clare Wright, Evelyn Araluen, and Marian Wilkinson.
Grattan’s 2020 list is:
- The Carbon Club, Marian Wilkinson, Allen & Unwin
- Fire Front: First Nations poetry and power today, edited by Alison Whittaker, UQP
- Good Economics for Hard Times, Abhijit V. Banerjee and Esther Duflo, Public Affairs
- How the dark gets in, Clare Wright, Meanjin
- Max, Alex Miller, Allen & Unwin
- Men at Work: Australia’s Parenthood Trap, Annabel Crabb, Black Inc.
You can read more about our list here.